Friday, July 1, 2011

The First Kick!!!

Today at 7:33 p.m. I was on the bed working on some homework (yes, dear GOD I am still taking classes, it is never ending...even with a masters degree!!!), and I felt a good hearty kick from G! :)  Now, just to fill you in, I have been feeling her for the past week and a half, but even though you know that movement in there is the baby flipping and flopping, it can mostly feel like your tummy is rumbling or you have gas.  But not tonight, she wanted me to know she was in there. Not only was this kick amazingly strong, I felt it a few times and was then able to yell for Daniel to come in and wait patiently for her to do it.  After pushing around and attempting to make her mad, she hauled off and kicked and he felt it too!  You should have seen his eyes light up.  I thought for sure her kick wouldn't be strong enough to feel outside yet, but she wanted her Dad to know she was in there and was doing okay.

This kick was a VERY welcomed kick because today has been a tough one for Momma Rea.  This morning I took a fall down some stairs at the house and landed on my toosh with quite a hard thump.  Mostly my butt (baby got back) and my hand took most of the force, but it was enough to shake me up and worry about Gia.  I called a few friends who reassured me this happens quite often to women b/c their balance is highly affected during pregnancy.  This explains the random tripping over my own feet in the hallway making me look like I have been boozing.  For my own reassurance I called my doctor who said that she felt everything would be just fine as long as there was no severe cramping or bleeding today.  No news to report there, so that's good news.  She also suggested, if it would make me feel better, to come on in and we could listen for Gia's heartbeat.  I took her up on this!  I was able to hear her heart beating strong at 155 bpm and that helped my worry.  My nurse did say that she is so protected in there that not too much phases her.

So, as I was saying earlier, this kick was very welcomed b/c I want my baby safe, healthy, and happy!  God is good, he clearly wanted me to know that we were all going to be just fine!  Amen.

 

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm so glad you felt a real first kick and that hubby felt it too. It's such a special and amazing feeling. Soon it will feel like a scene from that alien movie where the alien is trying to get out :) I am so eloquent aren't I? And they tend to kick the crap out of you when you're in the deepest sleep. It's like those little boogers know!

    I'm sorry you fell. That happened to me when I was pregnant with B. I think I even wrote about it! I tripped over a toy and went flying and landed on my huge belly! The doctor told me the same thing. She said that amniotic fluid is so amazingly protective that even NASA cannot recreate its protective effects! Pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete