I've got the Breast Pump Blues.
I remember back in the day when I would say to myself...
"Hell ya, I have $150 to spend on :
~a new handbag
~a shopping spree for me!!!
~ a great night out on the town with friends and a cab ride home
~ a new piece of furniture for the house
Now...I say to myself...
"What the $%*@, are you telling me that a freaking breast pump is going to cost me $300?" Okay, breath. Alright let's talk. I get it! This is going to be expensive!!! Gia is going to take every last dime we have to our name...whether it be for clothing, college, food, or a really cute bow...our $$ as we know it...is GONE! But come on! I can go out and buy the crib, the dresser, the rocking glider and ottoman. But, you want me to take out a freaking LARGE chunk of change to purchase something that will SUCK!? Pardon me if it takes me a minute to come to terms with this. I look at this contraption...with no freaking clue how the hell it works---and then I think. I know this will be a good investment...but can't someone just bargain with me here??? Can't we head to a breast pump auction..."Give me ten, I got ten, give me fifteen, I see your bid."
My mom raised me to shop for the bargains. Oh God, here comes a flashback. Come back with me in time to, ummm I'd say...my 4th grade year. I'm a tad chunky--hair all kinds of out of whack, and mom takes us to JCPenney for our back to school shopping. I remember her words clearly..."Okay Trey and Reagan, look for the deals...that means only shop on the racks that say 50-75% off." So we did. (Side note, that shopping spree ended in me getting a Charlotte Hornets t-shirt 2 sizes too big b/c it was $3.49). So in essence, she created a bargain monster! Thanks Mom.
So back to 2011, here I am...trying to come to terms with dropping big bucks on a pump that says it will help with things like: sore nipples, engorgement, drawing out/inverted nipples, and latch-on problems or breast infection. Well then, hell ya, sign me up...because that sounds like a GREAT FREAKING PURCHASE.
Signing off....with the Booby Blues.
No comments:
Post a Comment