Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Never Let Your Praying Knees Get Lazy!

Today was a day that I think I will always remember, at least I sure hope I do.  I know I haven't met my daughter yet, but I do feel as though I am already a Mom.  And today, as her Mom, a very big weight was lifted from my shoulders.  When Daniel and I went in for our sonogram last month to see how Gia was growing and to find out the gender, nearly everything we heard and saw was wonderful and beautiful.  Nearly.  The radiologist did find a small cyst on her brain that they wanted to monitor that day.  After talking to our nurse and others who had a similar story we did find out that this was more common than we had thought and that it was developmental and should disappear within weeks.  Now, I am sure you can imagine that those things are great to hear and all--but it certainly doesn't stop you from worrying. 

For five weeks I have tried my best to put any negative thoughts outside my head and give this all up to the Lord.  My prayers, my faith, and my God have become a crucial part of who I am these past few years and I thought he was the best person to talk to about this.  Yet again, he has not let me down.  Gia's cyst is gone, and she is growing beautifully weighing in at 1 lb 8 oz.  She is head down, very active (kicking Momma alot these days), and right on track.  Today is a day I will never forget.  Remember back a few posts ago when I wrote that I was slowly learning that what I once thought was WORRY, couldn't have been further from what I know it is now?  This rings true daily.  I want my baby to have every opportunity to live a life of health and happiness.  Today I realized that this miracle inside me is a true treasure for Daniel and myself.

Gia, we cannot wait to meet you in 16 weeks.  You are already surrounded by so much love, you will not ever go without.  God is good. I look forward to now having my prayers be full of thankfulness and gratitude!

Here are some beautiful pictures of our daughter, Gia Therese. 

 Look at this gorgeous shot of Gia's lips and nose.  It's a shot looking up!!!
 My girl relaxing!
Her beautiful spine.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's so wonderful to hear Reagan! I can completely relate to the worrying even though everyone tells you that everything is 'probably' fine.

    Brigham had a calcium deposit on his heart at his 18 week ultrasound. We were told it was most likely nothing but it's a soft marker for down syndrome. I freaked out! Even when we got the all clear when we had a level II ultrasound I was still a bit nervous. It's only natural, ya know? We're their parents and we want to protect them even if they're still inside babies!

    But I'm so glad you heard good news!

    ReplyDelete