Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Americana Baby Momma

I hope this finds everyone home, SAFE, well rested (yah right), and back into the swing of things after a wonderful 4th of July holiday!  This crew did some traveling over the weekend and it was wonderful.  We headed back to Brookfield on Saturday morning and got to spend all day with my parents at the house.  I love my deck in Brookfield.  Then we headed out to a friend's party at his house and I got to see some great friends from high school I haven't seen in forever.  Our host had a great spread of food (that's all I really care about these days) and then a HELL OF A  firework show!  It was so fun.

On Sunday we headed to church with the entire family and then over to see my grandmother Teresa.  She lit up when she saw everyone coming to chat with her!  Then D and I headed to Slater for our second round of family fourth festivities.  Now, if you don't know---the Allegri family has never been one to skimp on a good 4th of July party.  I have been going to their parties for 10 years now and every year, the food is amazing (again, that's what I get to look forward to, that, and early bed times and no hangovers) and their firework display gets better and better!  Not only were we surrounded by lots of family again on Sunday, but I got much needed time with some great friends from D's hometown.  Enough to fill the soul, ya know?!

Hard to believe next year I will be dressing my daughter in her red, white, and blue dress and bows.  And then it's also hard to believe I will be trying to calm a screaming baby as she looks at her Dad and I with terrified eyes when the booms get louder and the lights get brighter!  Sweet Gia, get used to it---you are an Allegri now, and there is no crying on the 4th of July! Why do I all of a sudden glance into my future and see my toddler in her diapers lighting her first M-80 and a whistling kitty chaser??  Oh, because that will be her reality...her father is a pyro.

What isn't hard to believe is that next year I will be able to enjoy a cocktail.  Now there is something to look forward to! :)  Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment