Dear Reagan (you sexy woman you),
I am writing this for you to reference in November because I think it's important you know how great you are.
It has come to my attention that some people are imbeciles. Haha, okay seriously, as if you of all people didn't already know that with your previous blog posts. But for real, they are out there and it's as plain as day that you can't change stupid. At almost 25 weeks along a woman said to you, "Just remember hun, all that weight you put on during this pregnancy, eventually has to come off...so careful what you eat!" I wanted you to know something. First, I think she had a baby 19 years ago and clearly hasn't lost the "baby weight." And second, in a little over three months, that ridiculous woman will be far from your mind as you meet Gia and bring her home. Let's talk about how incredible you are okay. I write this for all you Mom's out there!
Reagan, you carried a freaking baby! You were a vessel for your daughter for a long nine months. You over thought everything! From the food you ate, the liquids you drank, the creams you put on your skin, the color you died your hair, the activities you allowed and didn't allow yourself to do, everything. And you did this all for another human being! A human you had never even met. You have done something that no man can ever say he has done. You have done something that not all women can say they have done. You have brought your child into this world. You are an incredible person.
I write this because I know how you felt when that woman said that to you. I know that you thought several times, Dear God please let this weight come off, please let my husband continue to love me and not think I am hideous, please give me the energy to get back to the gym and get back to feeling like me! But, I want you to know that this post will be here waiting for you when you deliver this girl!
With that said, look back on this blog post when you are ready and do me a favor. Thank God. Thank Daniel, and Thank your body. For without these three things your daughter would not be here. Be grateful for a body that was healthy enough to house this miracle. Be grateful for the nine months of letting yourself fudge a little with foods you wouldn't have regularly dared to eat (let alone is such great amounts!). Then, kiss your family and hop on the treadmill or get back to kickboxing so you can be the best Mommy and wife ever. Give yourself time for it to come off and remember you are now a Mommy so priorities have changed, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't put your health and happiness up there at the top too!
And most importantly, welcome back your beautiful body that is now only owned by you!
I am proud of you!
Sincerely,
You at 6 months pregnant who is about to get a damn Rolo McFlurry and that lady can suck it.
I stumbled across your blog from Shari's!! Love it!! Let me add to your letter...
ReplyDeleteDear Reagan,
You will be an amazing mommy. Know that this rude lady is just one of many who will try to tell you what to do or how to do it. Take confidence in the knowledge that God purposely chose you and Daniel for Gia, not anyone else.
As a knew mommy myself, I always keep in mind that she is mine for a reason. These other crazies can do what they want, but not with my daughter!
Best of luck! I'll be reading your blog often! Such a wonderful time in your life. Soak it up!
Love this post! I will read this again to myself one day when I get pregnant- if that ever happens :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteReagan,
ReplyDeleteI'm not for sure how I came across your blog but I sure enjoyed reading your letter that you wrote to yourself. I know that this next comment will put me in the "old" category but it needs to be said... I'm proud of you!! Good for you for stepping back from the painful words to see them for what they are...useless words. Good for you for being able to see the amazing blessings in your life and the ultimate gift that you are about to receive!! Pregnancy is a truly wonderful experience with many, many, many challenges!! I love the way you have embraced these challenges and blogged about them.
So, let me say again...I'm proud of you for being a woman that loves herself. I'm proud of you for being a woman that will be a great example to her daughter on why it is important to love the person you are!! Thank you again for sharing this with people and for reminding all of us women, pregnant or not, of what is important!! Best wishes!! Jodie Snodgrass :)