Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sober Living

Hi, I'm Reagan, and I have been sober for 18 weeks....all respond, "Hi Reagan."

*Please note, I don't like peanut butter, so the whole peanut butter and jelly combo makes ZERO sense to me (I grew up only wanting jelly on my sandwich...well, because I am smart...So with that said, just as peanut putter and jelly go hand in hand....so do golf and beer.  Remember back to my post a few weeks ago about the whole "It's not too terribly bad, this whole no drinking gig."  I still feel that way for the most part, but DAMN...being on a golf course and drinking Aquafina, Gatorade and Iced Tea...just makes zero sense.

To best describe the confusion of not marrying these two items I will give you scenario.  Imagine someone approaches you and says,"Hey, here is 100 dollars, except you can only spend the money at DEB."  Any sane person would respond, "Really, DEB?  No thanks, you keep your $100."  That is the same way about golf and beer.  To go to a golf course and not drink beer is just ridiculous.

Daniel played in the Pepsi golf tournament in Brookfield this weekend, so when I returned from Utah (separate post for this!) I headed back with Mom to watch him play, and then catch my dad, brother and uncle on their afternoon round.  Beautiful day and great sunshine, but I was so sad to hear bottles of beer cracking open around me.  But the torture doesn't end there.  My family heads to the lake for our annual family weekend in 5 days, on a golf course nonetheless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the time when I think that the wife should do half of the pregnancy and the husband should do the second half...if that were the case I would only have 2 weeks left until I could crack open and ice cold beer!  But, it's not my reality, so another 22 weeks I go.

Soberly,
Missing Michelob Ultra

No comments:

Post a Comment