Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mini Meltdown

I have been pretty proud of myself and my hormones during this pregnancy.  No real meltdowns, no freak outs, not uncontrollable wigouts (which is strange, as these all seem par for the course Reagan plays on!) ;)  However, while at the lake this weekend with my family (which was awesome) I had a small breakdown.

Let me begin with these 4 words: PREGNANCY GLOW MY ASS!  There is no such freaking thing.  Want to know what is glowing?  The oily shine on my t-zone.  Want to know about that impeccable skin tone?  It is a bunch of crap.  I have roughly 13 zits on my face right now making me look like a pubescent girl who is stressed about getting nominated for Valentine's Princess the 8th grade Sweetheart Dance.  I choose to not discuss this particular event at this time, as I was not nominated for princess and have clearly not quite gotten over.  BTDub, don't even get me started on Prom.

Anyway, back to my meltdown.  So I am getting ready to go shopping with my mom and Jamie at the outlet mall and all of a sudden I can feel the heat and aggravation creeping up my neck.  Essentially my meltdown consisted of me telling my mom in a 4 year old whine, that I look like I was attacked and stung by a swarm of bees, my hair looks like I put my finger in a flipping light socket, and my bump has me looking like I should put the buffalo chicken dip down and step away from the table.

Mom told me I look pretty. Thanks Mom.

So to make myself feel better I went to the outlet mall and bought some underwear that fits.  Joy, pure joy I am experiencing these days. : /
  

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, Reagan. You make me laugh! I love it. I mean, not the zit part. Can I just tell you that my hormones are crazy right now? One year postpartum and my body still cannot get it together. But at least there is someone out there who can commiserate with being older and having acne. Ugh.

    No, there was no pregnancy glow for me either. That's a bunch of bullshit. As is anything you read in "What to Expect When You're Expecting." Just put that book down and go straight for "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy." MUCH BETTER!

    ReplyDelete