Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flame Thrower

Seriously...Who gave the baby a flame thrower?  I read today that heartburn may begin setting in during week 19 of pregnancy.  Awesomeness.  I have NEVER had heartburn before.  Remember earlier in my posting I said how much I love spicy food? This is going to be a problem you see, because Reagan doesn't like being told what to eat and what not to eat.  However, she does like to refer to herself in the third person.  If what happened to me today is a sneak peak of what I am in store for.  S H I T!

Flashback to 10 years ago.  I was back home in Brookfield and had to go in for a procedure (one you don't really want to know about) where I needed to cleanse out the digestive system (aren't you glad I am not going into much detail here!).  Anyway, I was told to be on ONLY BROTH for 24 hours before the procedure.  I seriously cried like a baby to mom (she is shaking her head up and down right now in agreement) to just allow me to put something the soup.  I of course was thinking something like steak...she told me to go right ahead and put it in there, but that the outcome may not be lovely for anyone involved.  So, see???  For 24 hours I had a problem with someone telling me to not eat something.  And now I may be looking at a lifetime of this? (okay lifetime is a tad dramatic, but HELLO, you are on my blog!)

So, do you really think that heart burn, indigestion, upset stomach (I could totally go into the Pepto Bismol jingle here) is going to go over smoothly?  Doubtful.  Today I got the amazing joy of having heartburn, which I thought was just queasiness from taking my prenatal on too empty of a tummy...not so much.  So as I was feeling queasy, I quickly grabbed 2 plums and ate them to fill up the tank.  10 minutes later I tell my students Mrs. Allegri will be right back---raced out the recess doors, and up come the plums.  Alert:  Plums are not easy to bring back up.  This in turn busted some blood vessels under my eyes and left me feeling like complete crap all day. 

Now the school day is done and I am taking my bloodshot eyes to bed. 

It was Professor Plum on the playground at school with the flame thrower.

2 comments:

  1. I just completed my 2nd bottle of tums and I am only 25 weeks. I am jealous of you that it just began. Check with your dr, but I think you can take Zantac or Pepcid to help but I found tums do the trick since you can just eat them all day!

    Kia

    ReplyDelete