Hi my sweet angel. You have arrived, you are ours, and you are absolutely perfect! I wanted to take this opportunity to write to you about how you came into the world...and the sooner I write it the fresher it is in my mind! Here we go, I look forward to telling you this story over the years to come!
You were not set to arrive until November 10, 2011, however God had different plans. At Mommy's 37 week appointment the doctor said that my blood pressure was elevated and they thought I might need to go on bed rest to see if it would go down. I tried that for a few days and with no change, they decided it was safer for you and me to go ahead and give you that push you needed to enter the world. So, your Daddy and I (nervous, excited, terrified, anxious) checked into the hospital on Sunday, October 23 at 10:00 p.m. They gave Mommy some medicine to wake you up in my tummy and get you ready to enter the world. The next day at 5:30 p.m. the doctor said it was ready to start the work so we could meet you...and by 6:24 p.m. on Monday, October 24, 2011 you entered the world. You weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces and were 20 inches long. It is a fact that you were the most beautiful thing I have ever laid my eyes on. You made me cry big tears of joy and I couldn't wait to hold you in my arms. Your Daddy's heart melted the moment he heard you cry. That day you made us a family of 3, that day you made us a Mommy and a Daddy...thank you for that!
We got to home from the hospital two days later (after many people came to see you). It was a crazy weekend for Mae and Papa Allegri because they had just met your cousin, Holland, on Friday when Aunt Sybil and Uncle Nick brought her into the world. Then, 3 days later they got to meet you! As for Gramma and Pops Cunningham...you are their first and only grandchild right now and they were ecstatic to hold, love, and meet you. You did not disappoint one bit!
It's been 6 days (your one week birthday is tomorrow!!!) and I have never been more in love than I am right now. Every time you do something new...a smile, a coo, a cry....my heart grows more and it fills up with more love. Gia Therese Allegri---thank you for being my daughter. Here are some photos of us at the hospital the day you arrived. 10/24 will forever be YOUR day!
Welcome to the world Gia!
Daddy holding you for the first time!!!
Dr. Sarah White delivered you, she was such a good doctor!
Gia with Daddy, Mae and Papa!
You with Mommy, Gramma and Pops Cunningham
And baby makes 3!
Love always,
Mom
Yay! Such a beautiful family! Gia is just perfect! Enjoy all the special moments ahead. Sleep when she sleeps... it makes life easier.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Rea- I am so happy for you! Can't wait to meet her and for you to experience all these wonderful moments of being a mommy...best thing in the world!
ReplyDeleteLove you three!!!!