Thursday, October 20, 2011

PUSHING BUTTONS!

FACT.  I love my husband more than anything.
OPINION.  I am pretty sure we are going to kill one another if this little girl doesn't arrive soon.

Since I have always kept it real on RAD, I figure I better stay true and not skip over anything that happens during pregnancy...ergo, this final chapter of BEFORE BABY is a tough one folks. 

Since being placed on bedrest on Monday it has made things a tad tense in our house!  Ironically, my blood pressure spiked last week (it had been great before 36 weeks) and now at home with my husband...we tend to be pushing each other's buttons...and my blood pressure sky rockets!  Go figure. 

Sure, I get it...I wasn't really mad about the fact that he hadn't hung the hardware on the wall so I can hang my pictures back up after painting.  And yes he is aware that I am not "calling into work" and faking a sickness so I can sleep with Brinkley all day long.  But you could damn well cut the tension in this house with a knife.  Yet comments still come out like, "Babe what did you do today?"  Knowing the most interesting thing I can come up with to say is, "I bathed."  He is aware this isn't the best conversation starter..but we still go there!  And maybe he is right when he leans over and says to our dog things like, "Mommy needs a drink" because I choose to ask him YET AGAIN if he plans to paint the rest of the hall or leave it looking the way it is the moment he walks in the door from a day of work. 

Perhaps we are trying to get those jabs in to make the time pass by a tad quicker before Gia's arrival!?

So what does this all mean?  It means we are ready.  We are so freaking ready to do this!  And we are beyond normal to be feeling this way...I know it.

Please know, I'm aware this is all in God's plan and I have enjoyed this nice peaceful time alone.

I have also REALLY enjoyed not worrying about what shoes I have to squeeze my fat feet into for work.

But in all honesty, I know this is part of the game.  We look at each other and see that we have been working so hard for something for the past 9 months and we are ready to see that finish line. We are ready to see what God has given us.  We want to meet the gift Daniel and I have created.  We are ready to experience a love that is new to us and apparently the best love out there. 

So with all the tension, stupid bickering, stomping up stairs...Daniel, I love you more than anything and could not have made this journey without you.  I am and always will be the luckiest girl around.

Madly in love with you...and hoping you are ready to pour some serious glasses of wine for this woman,
Your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment