Thoughts at 4 a.m. the past few mornings:
Did I let Brinkley out to pee or am I just standing at this door staring blankly at my deck?
Did someone purposely put the effing ironing board in a spot that I would walk DIRECTLY into it?
Why does Daniel hear Gia cry all day long and all night long when she ISN'T crying...yet when she is...somehow it's all me?
Who needs an alarm system in this house when a burglar would have to meet me in the hallway looking the way I do at this exact moment in time.
Exhausting
adjective (ig-zaw-sting)
~producing or tending to produce fatigue, weariness, or the like
~synonyms: debilitating depleting draining fatiguing sapping taxing tiresome wearing wearying
Yep---that sounds just about right doesn't it babe?!
I've been working with my 2nd grade students this week on using a thesaurus and jazzing up our words to become better writers. So here it goes....
I am freaking depleting.
Damn I am good writer.
My fear: In the wee hours of the morning I shall awake to realize I am nursing my dog Brinkley...and waiting at the door for Gia to do her business in the backyard. All while Daniel brews a fresh pot of coffee and reaches for my breast milk for his creamer. Then, while rubbing his eyes as they burn---he places his cup of joe on what he thinks is a coaster, yet in reality---it's a breast pad.
Yes, you can see how....at times, it can be debilitating to parent a new baby!
Yet I wouldn't change it for anything.
Here's to hoping we get some sleep in the next few days or Momma ain't gonna be looking so hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment