Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Third Time's A Charm???

So, as a first time Mommy to be, I always looked at Moms out there and asked myself the big question...HOW DID YOU KNOW TO DO THAT?  I always worried that I would forget something, do something wrong, or be left completely confused because I just didn't know to do things.

And, as it turned out....I did!  Of course I am going to forget something, do something wrong, and be completely confused.  I realized that all those other moms out there knew what to do because they do had messed up and learned their lesson!

Need an example?  Here.

Questions I had in my head while pregnant, and then the answers I came up with:

Question: When do you cut the baby's nails?
Answer:   When they scratch you across the face making it look like you were in a cage fight.  Awesome.

Question:  Can you tell if the water is the right temperature for your baby during a bath?
Answer:  You can if Gia craps in the water....ahhhhhh, pure relaxation!

Question:  How did you know to pack extra clothes in the diaper bag?  I wouldn't have thought of that.
Answer:You learn this when Gia craps up her back at Ruby Tuesdays and she has to wear a diaper until I scrounged together some blue pants that were too small and a pink onesie (which wasn't pink to begin with...but it got thrown in the washer with a red shirt).

Question:  How do you know how much milk to give your baby in a bottle if you breastfeed?
Answer:  You know how much to give them when they are screaming at the top of their lungs, so you feed them more and then they stop screaming and push the bottle out of their mouth.  Thanks Gia, you are a pro at this! :)

Question: When are you supposed to transition your child into their crib from your room?
Answer: When Gia decided to sleep soundly on her own yet make moaning and groaning noises all night to soothe herself....Daddy and Mommy were VERY tired and a tad irritable.  Baby Girl got introduced to her crib at 5 weeks! :)


So mommas-to-be out there, it is all a LEARNING PROCESS!  Not one mom out there knew what to do at every given moment...so find the humor and laugh it off if possible!  After all, Gia won't remember this anyway....well, $#&^ ... unless you have a blog out there to remind her how "crappy" you were at this parenting gig!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree! They don't come with directions and EVERY baby is different! You have to learn from experience. And oh boy, do they provide experience for you!

    ReplyDelete