Soooooo.....When people tell you that you will experience a form of exhaustion that you cannot imagine once baby arrives....They are right. I am shocked everyday the amount of sleep I actually need to function. Before Gia, I was a 9-10 hour a night sleeper...I loved my sleep and when it was interrupted or taken from me...not many people enjoyed my company. Now...that is simply not the case. I am functioning on anywhere from 5 1/2-7 hours of sleep...however none of that is ever consecutive...they are chopped up by a baby who is starving and needs a diaper change! :)
My mom was in last week to help out and we were sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch. I had Gia in her bouncy seat on the kitchen table. I hadn't realized that the bouncer had a built in music box to it. So we decided to play around with it. Mom and I sat eating our bbq chicken sandwiches listening to all the different sounds the bouncer would make (nature, lullaby, heartbeat)...
Are you familiar with a jello neck head bob? If not, just think of the term and picture it in your head. That is what we looked like. Slowly our eyes rolled into the back of our heads, and our faces neared the bbq chicken sandwich on our plate. I couldn't believe how fast I could fall asleep. Meanwhile, Gia was wide awake staring at the ceiling. Had we listened any longer I fear we would have woken up with a Gates BBQ facial and my daughter would be riding the dog around the house. Luckily, we quickly jolted ourselves awake and decided this music was maybe good for baby, but certainly not good for Mommy!
That bouncy seat will no longer play any tunes...it will simply bounce.
Oh yes, I'm just getting out of the crazy-tired phase. I found it helpful to avoid trying to calculate how many hours of sleep I actually got. Just knowing I only got 5 hours made me feel worse. Also.... my little Gracie wasn't a fan of baths until I made the water about as warm as I'd like it and we also put a towel warmed in the dryer under her. It wasn't the bath she hated, it was being cold. May help your Lill G, too! She is sooooo cute, by the way!
ReplyDelete